Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Favorite Book of the Month: February 2011

I meant to post this yesterday on the last day of the month and somehow the day got away from me! So, in short order let me get to it.  I read four books in the month of February - a mix of fantasy and contemporary -  and I have to say I enjoyed all of them.  But my pick for the month is IMPOSSIBLE by Nancy Werlin. The book was actually released in 2008 but just came out in paperback.

The story is a twist on the song Scarborough Fair, which became popular when I was a child, and involves faeries, which always interests me. (As an aside, I am learning how to play Scarborough Fair on the guitar right now so it sort of adds another (better) dimension to the song.)

Here is the summary from Goodreads:

Lucy Scarborough is only 17, but she carries the burden of a curse that has already struck down several women in her family. Each of her afflicted ancestors failed at completing three seemingly impossible tasks, and each succumbed to madness at the birth of her first child. Facing this tragic fate, Lucy braces herself for a losing battle. Mercifully, she has allies in her struggle: intensely sympathetic foster parents and her loyal childhood friend Zach.

Aside from the faeries, I was also quite curious how Lucy would figure out the three impossible tasks. Nancy Werlin does not disappoint and if you haven't read IMPOSSIBLE I would suggest you pick it up.

What was your favorite read in February?

~Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment