Friday, January 21, 2011

Where I Write

I write in a sun room. With lots of plants. Please see Exhibit A, above.  Actually, my writer friend, Caroline Starr Rose, author of MAY B., had a post recently with beautiful pictures of her clean, shiny office.  Go here to see her lovely space. And I thought - I should do one of those.  I always like to see where people work (and to put a voice to their face - but that's a blog post for another day) so I thought I'd put up some pictures of my office.

The shot above is standing out in the yard looking in. It's actually a pretty small room so it's hard to take a picture from inside, but here's one:
And one more shot:
As you can tell I like a lot of crap around me. It drives my husband crazy. That's why he has his own office. :-)

The view out the window is of one of my perennial gardens with banana palm trees (yes, even in Washington State) and lots of bright sunny flowers from April to October. We are bordered by forest to the right and the hills in the far distance.  Here's the sunset from the night before last:
It was WAY more spectacular than it looks!

And that's where you can find me most days from 8 am to 2:30.  (Unless I'm on the couch with my laptop which is my *other* office. ;-)

If you have pictures of where you write (or choose to do a blogpost about where you write, hint hint) include a link here - I'd love to see!

~Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment