Sunday, January 16, 2011

Announcement!

I'd like to do a once-per-month book-club-but-with-movies type thing with all y'all, a simul-watching shane-movies blog experience. Here's how it would work:

Participants would take turns picking a movie at the beginning of the month. It would have to be something everybody could fairly easily find a copy of. It wouldn't necessarily have to be anything new to anybody. It doesn't matter how many of us have seen the movie.

We'll pick a date, say the 23rd of the month, to "discuss" the movie. Everybody would need to watch the movie by then, take some notes if they're into that sort of thing, and be ready to chat. I'd throw up my typical spewings on the 23rd, and then the fun begins!

Rule: Nothing mean. There's nothing wrong with choosing a terrible movie that has some entertainment value. But it would be unfair for me to pick something like 'Up'...

Leave a "Hell yeah, I'm in!" note in the comments. The first person who responds can pick the first movie, and then I'll randomize and figure out an order after that. If you have any other ideas or can think of some logistical things that I'm not considering, let me know! Tell your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment