Friday, January 8, 2010

Poetry Friday


For we have come by different ways to this place. I have no feeling that we met before. No deja vu. I don't think it was you in lavender by the sea as I rode by in AD 1206 or beside me in the border wars. Or there in the Gallatins, a hundred years ago, lying with me in the silver-green grass above some mountain town. I can tell by the natural ease with which you wear fine clothes and the way your mouth moves when you speak to waiters in good restaurants. You have come the way of castles and cathedrals, of elegance and empire.

-Robert James Waller

The lovely image above is a watercolor of Ely Cathedral painted by Alexander Creswell.

I totally believe in the idea of reincarnation, have innately known it to be true all of my life, even as a child, and it is the subject of my current WIP. Hope you enjoy these eloquent words. Happy Friday everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment