Tuesday, October 13, 2009

London Calling


You recognize this iconic symbol of London? Well, now picture yours truly in the same picture. Yep - we're going to London.

Saturday.

Surreal, huh? I am so excited! I've never been to Europe *gasp* and I've been waiting for my daughter to get old enough to go with us. She is now 13-1/2 and so we are off on a London adventure.

Yep, we have ALL the touristy things planned - the Harry Potter tour =), Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Harrod's, the V&A, The Strand, Buckingham, Paris, Charing Cross, Hyde Park, St. James Park, Grosvenor Square....oh, those last few stops sound vaguely familiar, don't they? That's right - it's the setting for my debut novel, THE FAERIE RING. So though it won't be 1871, I'll get to actually see all the places where my characters have had their adventures. Yay!

THE FAERIE RING, its sequel, DARK SHADOWS and my current WIP, ENIGMA are all set in London, as well as book 3 in The Faerie Ring series , currently entitled THE UnNAMED, which is going to be written during NaNoWriMo, writing gods willing.....

Also, I'm planning to have lunch with Sarwat Chadda, fellow memeber of The Enchanted Inkpot and author of the recently released awesome YA novel DEVIL'S KISS. How fun is that?

And yes, I did slip Paris in too. Just for a day, but long enough to have lunch at the top of the Eiffel Tower, take a boat down the Seine and go to the Louvre. Oh, and drive UNDER the English Channel. Did I mention surreal?

Anyway - that's what I'm off to do. I'm expecting my revision letter on The Faerie Ring any day and I'm hoping that I see it before I leave so I can be absorbing those suggestions along with the vibrance and history and ambiance of London.

Have you been there? And if so - what was your favorite part?

No comments:

Post a Comment