Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Mish-Mash: New Cover, the Original Starbucks and a Contest

Starting off the Friday Mish-Mash is my totally awesome friend, Class of 2k11 compadre and sparkly critique partner Carrie Harris' new cover for her YA zombie novel, BAD TASTE IN BOYS hitting store shelves near you NEXT July 12th.  Is that not a jaw-dropping, eye-catching, spectacular cover?! And guess what - the story inside is just as exciting. How do I know, you ask?  Because I've read it.  uh huh.

I'm paying particular attention to covers lately because my editor and the art director are starting to work on the cover for my book, THE FAERIE RING.

I would love to hear - what are some of your favorite covers?

Cindy Pon is having a fabulous contest over on her blog where the winner wins SEVEN fantastic YA books that feature protagonists of color.  I've read a couple but I want the rest!  So hopefully I'll win. :D But if you want more info - click on over and check it out.

Daughter and I went to Seattle the other day and ended up down at Pike St. Market. The weather was perfect!
If you ever need character inspiration - there's a place to go.  Such a beautiful, vibrant, interesting part of the city.  We stopped by the original Starbucks - yep - you read that right - THE shop that started the world-wide coffee obsession.
And like normal, there were street musicians filling the air with fabulous music.  There guys (sorry, not the greatest shot) are from New Orleans, and apparently came to Seattle after Katrina.  Unbelievable harmonies.  Wonderful!

From there we went on and did a little shopping and found this beautiful painting of Seattle. Very cool.



We're back to the city tomorrow to go see the Cirque du Soleil show, Kooza, which should be fabulous.

What have you been up to this summer?  And don't forget to tell me about your favorite covers!!








No comments:

Post a Comment