Thursday, January 8, 2009

Favorite Websites: AuthorsNow!

There are so many great writing related websites out there that it's difficult at times to keep up with all of them. One of my new favorites is AuthorsNow! which lists debut Children's and Teen Authors and Illustrators that will launch in 2009 and 2010. It is an awesome site and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have one (or more!) of my own books lined up on that beautiful header showing the covers of the upcoming releases.

The site lists a short blurb on an upcoming book along with publisher info and release date as well as a link to the author's website. There is another interesting feature - a map of where the debut author's are located. I assume that the author's have agreed to release this information when they signed up on the site so it's kind of cool to see where some of these writers are located. There is one new book I'm looking forward to reading, Prada and Prejudice, that I learned about on VerlaKay. Turns out that author, Mandy Hubbard, only lives about 45 minutes away from me. Weird. It is such a small world after all. :)

Anyway, I was going to try and post a picture of the map, but because it has links where you can zoom into particular areas and then click on through to the authors but you just need to go to the map. This site is a great resource for the latest and greatest that will be gracing bookstore shelves near you soon - check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment