Monday, August 17, 2009

Patience and Steampunk



Yay! I finally got to talk to my fabulous editor, Susan Chang, about THE FAERIE RING today and she was just as lovely as I imagined her to be. It's so exciting, yet surreal, to actually be talking to a real live editor about MY book.

I am, of course, READY to dive into revisions and get this party started, but alas, as with ALL things publishing related, speed is never involved. It seems there are several other books that need Susan's attention before mine and therefore, don't expect an editorial revision letter for a couple of months.

Oh.

Well, when opportunity knocks, I open the door, so I figure this is the perfect chance to write my NEXT book, which is going to be steampunk, set in London, approx 1895. The title is ENIGMA. My protagonist is Jack Bailey, commonly known on the street as Blackjack Bailey. He's up and got himself invited to attend the Westgate College for Boys, Academy for the Gifted. Head over to my website here and read the opening under "What I'm Writing Now."

My goal is to have a first draft done by the end of October. Want to come along for the ride?

How about you? What are you writing and when are you shooting to have it completed?

No comments:

Post a Comment