Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blame it on revisions....


Did I mention I was starting my editorial revisions?

It's a busy busy time right now. I've been working on PULSE, my YA contemporary sort of-paranormal WIP in between receiving chapters from my editor with revision suggestions for THE FAERIE RING. I just received another bunch on Friday so I'm going to shift gears and dive back into London 1871. So far, the editorial revision process has been a great learning experience for me. I'm going to be guest blogging over on Ask Daphne, my sparkly agent's blog (Kate Schafer Testerman) next week about the process, so you'll have to check it out.

PULSE, which is a total re-write of something I wrote last spring, is going great and I hope to have my first draft complete by the end of the month, ready to send out to beta readers.

I also just started a class with the fantastic and enthusiastic and incredibly knowledgeable Sarah Aronson over at Writers.com and already after just a week I love being back in class. There's always so much to learn and we have a really great group of writers in there this time.

Plus, a bit of brainstorming with some other 2011 debut authors about publicity, marketing, covers etc. has kept the email box FULL.

So, those are my excuses - how about you? What are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment