Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday Teasers - What I'm Reading



So here's a teaser from Maggie Stiefvater's LAMENT: THE FAEIRE QUEEN'S DECEPTION:

"You've got something on your shoulder." While Sara watched, he lightly ran a finger across the skin of my shoulder up to my ear. My stomach dropped so far out from under me that I didn't think I was ever going to get it back."

I just read LAMENT this weekend and enjoyed it. The fact that I started it one night and finished it the next day tells you something, given my often overly-busy schedule.

Here's part of the blurb from inside the jacket:

Sixteen-year-old Deirdre Monaghan is a prodigiously gifted musician. She's about to find out she's also a cloverhand - one who can see faeries.

Unexpectedly, Deirdre finds herself infatuated wtih a mysterious boy who enters her ordinary life, seemingly out of thin air. Trouble is, the enigmataic and gorgeous Luke turns out to be a gallowglass - a soulless faerie assassin - and his interest in her might be something darker than summer romance.

***

If you liked Twilight, you'll like this story, with it's intertwining romance and other-worldly mystery. Maggie does a great job of keeping the reader guessing and weaves in the magical elements of the world of the fey in a believable way.

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment